Acadia Community Farm
The Acadia Community Farm offers a wide range of hands-on opportunities to learn and apply skills with respect to sustainable food systems. The farm was started by students and is now guided by an advisory committee including staff, students and faculty. Student projects with the farm have included...
• organization of a community feast to celebrate the harvest at the farm.
• students working to grow food for Campus Food Services and the Meal Hall
• providing farm education programs for children
• design and planning of sustainable food gardens on campus
• planning for an edible campus landscape